down and done
May 03: Although
I have gotten behind on posting, I am moving
right along on the Piccup.
chines are installed, and the bottom is on,
and today I put fiberglass on the chine seams
and other seams. Used up all the epoxy. I
cut my own fiberglass tape strips because
I was looking at $25 for a new roll. I liked
cutting the tape from scraps of 6 oz. cloth.
It wet out faster and better than the 9 oz.
tape. I did a better job of rounding the edge
of the bottom and chines. It was colder and
cloudy today, so the epoxy resin was cloudy,
thick, and granular. Still, the strips I cut
were easier to process than the tape.
hull is still upside down, but I'll turn it
over after the epoxy sets and gets a sanding.
next step is to sand the fiberglass.
so far: Add $30 for glue, masking
tape, anothe5r 1x4x6-foot pine board, and
some belt sander belts, for a total so far
spent so far: Add 15 hours for the
finishing of the hull, for a total so far
of 51 hours.